For you guys that follow my blog you know I'm all about wellness and well being. I hate being stressed. But what is stress really? It's a physiological reaction to an event. When we experience a stressful situation our fight or flight response is triggered. Our heart rate and blood pressure increases causing not only psychological and emotional challenge but physical challenge as well. Triggers can be different for all of us whether it is a low grade on a test, being late for work, traffic, or a fight with a significant other. These can be heightened during the holidays when there is more to do. So how can you stay cool for the holidays? I found these great tips...
1. Exercise regularly to work out your extra energy
2. Meditate to clear your mind
3. Keep a gratitude journal to stay positive
4. Eat right
5. Get regular sleep
6. Prioritize so you're not doing more than you need to
7. My person favorite... relax, read a book ❤, watch a movie, listen to music, play a game, put together a puzzle, anything that makes you happy!
To learn more about stress and how to stay healthy you can go to this website to learn more...
Wishing you a wonderful start to the holiday season!