What’s do costumes say about us?
Okay so you can google this question and the top answer from Psychology Today and other psychology experts is that on Halloween we get to live out our fantasy, be someone we are not, hide behind a façade and have fun! That’s what it’s all about!
I found this great website that I absolutely love for college age or near college age girls, www.hercollege.com! They had the best breakdown of costume psychology (http://www.hercampus.com/life/what-your-halloween-costume-says-about-you).
1. The Group Cstume: Says that you love your besties, obviously!
2. The Pop Culture Icon: Says that you are up on the latest in entertainment!
3. The Really Intricate, Homemade Costume: You’re artsy and this is your time to show it off!
4. The Couples Costume: You’re glued at the hip to your significant other and this seals the deal!
5. The Punny Costume: This one’s definitely my editor! You’re a “cereal killer”. Halfway through the party you’ll get sick of seeing drunk people acting stupid and go home and read a book. Who wouldn’t want to do that? #booknerd
6. The Disney Princess: I guess got it right with Amanda’s costume, princess costumes are in!
7. The Black Cat: strikes the perfect balance between sexy and super cute!
8. The Legitimately Scary Costume: You live for American Horror Story and read Gothic fiction for fun! It’s your night! Enjoy!
If you haven’t planned your costume it’s not too late. I’m thinking I fall into the #5 Punny Costume group with my good witch t-shirt, yes it says “good witch”, lame right? My kids think so too!
All the best,