I recently attended a new conference. Being new triggered almost every anxiety that I have ever felt: Would I say the right thing? Would I make friends? Would they like me? Would I learn everything that I needed to? Did I choose the right path? Would I be successful?
These tips for relieving anxiety really spoke to me and I hope they can help you too. Whether you’re 5, 15, 25, or 50 there are things you can do to help manage and overcome anxiety, including:
1) Relax, really relax. Turn off devices and let your mind and body rest. Deep breathing, yoga, and tai chi are great ways to relax.
2) Take care of your body by eating healthy, sleeping enough, and getting the right amount of exercise.
3) Connect with others. Talk to family members or friends. Chances are they’ve had similar anxieties. Sharing concerns helps us not feel so isolated.
4) Connect with nature. Plan a hike or bike ride with friends and get out and have some fun!
5) Think positive. Instead of dwelling on what may go wrong, think of all the things that could go right and how cool they will be.
These tips are taken from http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/emotions/anxiety_tips.html. If you want read more about dealing with anxiety you can go to http://www.adaa.org/tips-manage-anxiety-and-stress.
In Is This Me? Amanda has a lot of anxiety. She is concerned about her relationship with friends, and the very sexy Doug Taylor. Additionally she need to keep her grades up. Like me, she will often deal with stress by taking a run. I know that is a big shocker! Additionally I may call a friend, turn on a tune, or splurge on something fun. What do you do to cope with anxiety? Let me know your ideas!
All the best,